21 November 2013

Chowmein ---Special lunchbox Recipe (This time it's CHINESE!)

I remember when I was in my school days, my mom used to pack our lunch boxes, and I use to groan at my everyday home-food tiffin packed, thinking about the day when my mom will give me some money so that I can buy food from our school cafeteria. Today I am a grown up, my mom doesn’t pack my lunch boxes, I am not in my school days, and now, I constantly groan at my canteen’s food, missing my special home-made lunch boxes prepared with so much love from mom. It’s funny how our perspectives change with time. Who thought I will be sharing a recipe someday on lunch boxes for kids, who will groan looking at the tiffin like I used to do when I was a child! Funny, how things work out with time. Hope you enjoy this recipe, and have it as a tiffin, lunch, family meal, and evening accompaniments -whichever you like. Because it’s CHOWMEIN I am talking about. A recipe loved by all, usually great for family gatherings. Hope you will enjoy it and Happy Feasts to you all!




Required Ingredients:
A)    For Chicken and prawn marinate:
Chicken, minced: ½ cup 
Prawn, minced: ½ cup
Ginger, grinded freshly: 1 tsp
Garlic, grinded freshly: 1 tsp
Soy sauce (light): 1 tsp

B)    For Noodles:
Egg Noodles: 450 grams
Scrambled Eggs: 3
Vegetables (Carrots, Cabbage, Green Papaya and any of your favorite): 2 cup
Green Chiles (cut in between): 4-5
Salt: 2 tsp
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Chinese Salt: ¼ tsp + for boiling noodles
Oil: ¼ cup + for boiling noodles
Onion (chopped): ½ cup

Required Instructions:
1.      Marinate your chicken and prawn for half an hour. And keep it aside for further use.
2.      Boil your noodles in hot water, with some salt and oil. Once your noodles are boiled, drain excess water and rinse with cold water.
3.      In a wok, heat ¼ cup of oil. Add onions to eat and wait for it to soften. Now add in the marinated chicken and prawns. Once it gets cooked, add in the vegetables, salt, sugar, chinese salt, green chilies, noodles and toss. Once it is nicely mixed, turn off the heat, and add in the scramble eggs.
4.      Serve hot and enjoy!


HAPPY FEASTS TO YOU ALL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment